Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Drying Flowers


There's nothing more enjoyable than walking around in our gardens in the morning with a cup of coffee and taking in all the sights and sounds. Today as I was enjoying my walk I took note of some flowers I wanted to dry for future projects. Virginia Blue Bells ( I had never dried before but didn't they turn out nice!) some Forget Me Not's, and wild Violets. I started trying to dry flowers I think around 10 or so, with a shoe box full of sand. I don't remember if it worked or not but drying flowers has always fascinated me.  What is something you've tried off and on since you were a child that has always fascinated you?

1 comment:

  1. Wendy - these are simply beautiful. I have tried drying many types of flowers but never Virginia Bluebells - they did turn out so nice. You will have to let me know your secret!! You know some of those petals on your homemade paper would be simply gorgeous. I am so glad you shared these. Have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete